Introducing myself to my computer screen, or to the black infinity that is 'cyber-space' and anyone that is reading this is, for want of a better word, odd. Owning this arena for voicing my thoughts to the worldwide web seems slightly hubristic...but I am strangely compelled to try it. I am intrigued by the perfect silence that a blog lends its author. You could be saying or thinking anything right now, and I am protected from that. I can carry on, blithely tapping away at the keys, ignorant of everything, aware of nothing.
Do I believe people will 'follow' me (or whatever you do with blogs) - well, not really. I would hope that there is something more exciting going on...and if there isn't, then maybe I'd get read as an alternative to polishing the silver.
So why am I doing it? Because sometimes conversations with yourself are the only sensible ones you can have.
No comments:
Post a Comment